Wednesday, September 9, 2020

i went to war last night

I went to war last night 
With an automatic weapon, don't nobody call a medic I'ma do it 'til I get it right 
 
I went to war last night 
I've been dealing with depression ever since an adolescent 
Duckin' every other blessin' 
I can never see the message 

I could never take the lead, 
I could never bob and weave 
From a negative and letting them annihilate me 
And it's evident I'm moving at a meteor speed 

Finna run into a building, lay my body in the street 
 Keep my money in the ceiling, let my mama know I'm free 
Give my story to the children and a lesson they can read 
And the glory to the feeling of the holy unseen 

Seen enough, make a motherfucker scream, "I love myself!"

- i, by kendrick lamar

No comments:

Post a Comment